FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Rajagopalan ganesh
 
Default ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 162

Dear Sir

I In stalled 8.1 version Ubuntu operating system above
the Window XP. But I could not configure my broad band Internet
connection Ubuntu? Please write to me in detal.

How i can asses my windows folders from Ubuntu?

With Regards.

R.ganesh.
No.162, 32 nd cross, 4th block east,
ayanagar, Bangalore-560011
PH NO: 080 41262125 House** ********** 080 22890235 Office * * * * ** +919900205024 Mobile







> From: ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 162
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 02:34:38 +0000
>
> Send ubuntu-users mailing list submissions to
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> ubuntu-users-request@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> ubuntu-users-owner@lists.ubuntu.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Re: help browser consistently crashing in Hardy (H.S.)
> 2. Extra Desktop folder in /root (Ray Parrish)
> 3. Re: Extra Desktop folder in /root (Smoot Carl-Mitchell)
> 4. Re: Extra Desktop folder in /root (Chris Mohler)
> 5. Re: Sendmail slow? (Knute Johnson)
> 6. Re: Scripting Question (Derek Broughton)
> 7. Re: SAMBA problem -- Backup Domain Controller doesn't work
> (Hal Burgiss)
> 8. Re: Sendmail slow? (Smoot Carl-Mitchell)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:56:12 -0500
> From: "H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: help browser consistently crashing in Hardy
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <gn7p7c$brm$1@ger.gmane.org>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> Hi,
>
> James Takac wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > It's working fine on this lap top. Just a thought but do you have visual
> > effects enabled? If so try disabling them and see if it still crashes
> >
> > James
> >
>
> No, they are not enabled in my case.
>
> ->HS
>
> --
>
> Please reply to this list only. I read this list on its corresponding
> newsgroup on gmane.org. Replies sent to my email address are just
> filtered to a folder in my mailbox and get periodically deleted without
> ever having been read.
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:59:46 -0800
> From: Ray Parrish <crp@cmc.net>
> Subject: Extra Desktop folder in /root
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <49976902.9080500@cmc.net>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Hello,
>
> I think due to my recent fiasco involving my moving folders around when
> I shouldn't have, I now have an empty, and, extra Desktop folder located
> at /root/Desktop in my file system. It is owned by root, and I would
> like to get rid od it.
>
> Can I just fire up my File Browser in root node, and change it's
> ownership, then delete it?
>
> Thanks, Ray Parrish
>
> --
> Human reviewed index of links about the computer
> http://www.rayslinks.com
> Poetry from the mind of a Schizophrenic
> http://www.writingsoftheschizophrenic.com/
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:04:16 -0700
> From: Smoot Carl-Mitchell <smoot@tic.com>
> Subject: Re: Extra Desktop folder in /root
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1234659856.10180.2954.camel@smoot.tic.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain
>
> On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 16:59 -0800, Ray Parrish wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think due to my recent fiasco involving my moving folders around when
> > I shouldn't have, I now have an empty, and, extra Desktop folder located
> > at /root/Desktop in my file system. It is owned by root, and I would
> > like to get rid od it.
> >
> > Can I just fire up my File Browser in root node, and change it's
> > ownership, then delete it?
>
> Sure, it is harmless to delete that folder. You should just be able to
> delete it, if you start up the file browser with root permissions. The
> CLI way of doing it is:
>
> sudo rmdir /root/Desktop
> --
> Smoot Carl-Mitchell
> Computer Systems and
> Network Consultant
> smoot@tic.com
> +1 480 922 7313
> cell: +1 602 421 9005
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 19:05:32 +1800
> From: Chris Mohler <cr33dog@gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Extra Desktop folder in /root
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <acfad57e0902141705r362b0594o4ada59251de70e7a@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:59 PM, Ray Parrish <crp@cmc.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think due to my recent fiasco involving my moving folders around when
> > I shouldn't have, I now have an empty, and, extra Desktop folder located
> > at /root/Desktop in my file system. It is owned by root, and I would
> > like to get rid od it.
>
> If it's really empty:
> sudo rmdir /root/Desktop
>
> If not:
> sudo ls -a /root/Desktop
>
> And have a look at what's there. If it's OK to delete the contents:
> sudo -rm /root/Desktop -fr
>
> Chris
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 17:15:50 -0800
> From: Knute Johnson <knute2009@knutejohnson.com>
> Subject: Re: Sendmail slow?
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <49976CC6.70905@knutejohnson.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> > You might try running strace on the listening SMTP process with timer
> > option to see where the delay is creeping in. Something like
> >
> > sudo strace -f -p <pid> -o <output_file> -t
> >
> > You need the -f to pick up the forked processes as the listening
> > sendmail handles the connections. The -t will give you timestamps on
> > each system call.
>
> I sent the whole output but it was too big and rejected. Anyway, this
> shows a 5 second gap but I don't know what it really means. If you can
> decipher it, great!
>
> Thanks,
>
> 5092 17:05:19 stat64("/etc/resolv.conf", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644,
> st_size=91, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 5
> 5092 17:05:19 connect(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(53),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("207.181.0.10")}, 28) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 fcntl64(5, F_GETFL) = 0x2 (flags O_RDWR)
> 5092 17:05:19 fcntl64(5, F_SETFL, O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 gettimeofday({1234659919, 562536}, NULL) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 poll([{fd=5, events=POLLOUT, revents=POLLOUT}], 1, 0) = 1
> 5092 17:05:19 send(5,
> "331S116knute2faerioconnect"..., 41, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 41
> 5092 17:05:19 poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN, revents=POLLIN}], 1, 5000) = 1
> 5092 17:05:19 ioctl(5, FIONREAD, [57]) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 recvfrom(5,
> "331S205200116knute2faerioconnect"..., 1024, 0,
> {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(53),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("207.181.0.10")}, [16]) = 57
> 5092 17:05:19 close(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 getsockname(8, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(587),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.140")}, [16]) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 open("/etc/services", O_RDONLY|0x80000 /* O_??? */) = 5
> 5092 17:05:19 fstat64(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=18449, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xb7ed6000
> 5092 17:05:19 read(5, "# Network services, Internet sty"..., 4096) = 4096
> 5092 17:05:19 close(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 munmap(0xb7ed6000, 4096) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [ALRM], [], 8) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 time(NULL) = 1234659919
> 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigaction(SIGALRM, {0xb7f9e170, [], SA_RESTART},
> {0xb7f9e170, [], SA_RESTART}, 8) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 alarm(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ALRM], [ALRM], 8) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 5
> 5092 17:05:19 bind(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(0),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.140")}, 16) = 0
> 5092 17:05:19 connect(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(113),
> sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.138")}, 16 <unfinished ...>
> 16288 17:05:24 <... select resumed> ) = 0 (Timeout)
> 16288 17:05:24 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [ALRM], [], 8) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 16288 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 16288 17:05:24 open("/proc/loadavg", O_RDONLY) = 8
> 16288 17:05:24 fstat64(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 read(8, "0.00 0.00 0.00 2/171 5092
", 1024) = 26
> 16288 17:05:24 close(8) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 16288 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 16288 17:05:24 open("/proc/loadavg", O_RDONLY) = 8
> 16288 17:05:24 fstat64(8, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 read(8, "0.00 0.00 0.00 2/171 5092
", 1024) = 26
> 16288 17:05:24 close(8) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 16288 17:05:24 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ALRM], [ALRM], 8) = 0
> 16288 17:05:24 select(7, [4 5 6], NULL, NULL, {5, 0} <unfinished ...>
> 5092 17:05:24 <... connect resumed> ) = ? ERESTARTSYS (To be restarted)
> 5092 17:05:24 --- SIGALRM (Alarm clock) @ 0 (0) ---
> 5092 17:05:24 alarm(0) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 alarm(580) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, [], NULL, 8) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 close(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 getsockopt(8, SOL_IP, IP_OPTIONS, "", [0]) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 open("/proc/loadavg", O_RDONLY) = 5
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 read(5, "0.00 0.00 0.00 1/171 5092
", 1024) = 26
> 5092 17:05:24 close(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 stat64("/etc/mail/access.db", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640,
> st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 lstat64("/", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 geteuid32() = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 lstat64("/etc", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=4096,
> ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 geteuid32() = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 lstat64("/etc/mail", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|S_ISGID|0755,
> st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 geteuid32() = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 open("/etc/mail/access.db", O_RDONLY) = 5
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640, st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fcntl64(5, F_SETLKW, {type=F_RDLCK, whence=SEEK_SET,
> start=0, len=0}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 stat64("/etc/mail/access.db", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640,
> st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 open("/etc/mail/access.db", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 6
> 5092 17:05:24 fcntl64(6, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 read(6,
> "1a256 2010"..., 512) = 512
> 5092 17:05:24 open("DB_CONFIG", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = -1 ENOENT (No
> such file or directory)
> 5092 17:05:24 stat64("/var/tmp", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|S_ISVTX|0777,
> st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 time(NULL) = 1234659924
> 5092 17:05:24 gettimeofday({1234659924, 571143}, NULL) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 open("/proc/stat", O_RDONLY) = 7
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0444, st_size=0, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xb7ed6000
> 5092 17:05:24 read(7, "cpu 40339 0 16567 57923774 2284"..., 1024) = 697
> 5092 17:05:24 read(7, "", 1024) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 close(7) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 munmap(0xb7ed6000, 4096) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 mmap2(NULL, 159744, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xb7811000
> 5092 17:05:24 open("/etc/mail/access.db", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 7
> 5092 17:05:24 fcntl64(7, F_SETFD, FD_CLOEXEC) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640, st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 pread64(7,
> "1a256 2010"..., 4096, 0) = 4096
> 5092 17:05:24 close(5) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640, st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640, st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fcntl64(7, F_SETLKW, {type=F_RDLCK, whence=SEEK_SET,
> start=0, len=0}) = 0
> 5092 17:05:24 fstat64(7, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0640, st_size=12288, ...}) = 0
>
> --
>
> Knute Johnson
>
> "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
> to rule."
>
> H.L. Mencken
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 18:28:35 -0400
> From: Derek Broughton <derek@pointerstop.ca>
> Subject: Re: Scripting Question
> To: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Message-ID: <9815309.GsUaDpArld@cedar.serverforest.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Hal Burgiss wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM, Patton Echols <p.echols@comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >> I have a fairly massive flat file, comma delimited, that I want to
> >> extract info from. Specifically, I want to extract the first and last
> >
> > I don't see that anyone has mentioned 'cut':
> >
> > cut -d, -f2,4,57,59,61 $csvfile |grep @
> >
> Cute :-) There's always another, simpler, way...
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 21:23:34 -0500
> From: Hal Burgiss <hal@burgiss.net>
> Subject: Re: SAMBA problem -- Backup Domain Controller doesn't work
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID:
> <962301c30902141823m74e6dd3aq50d7a30b6ac9311e@mail .gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Pete Clapham <peteclapham@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > Second, can anybody advise me how to check to see if the BDC is really
> > serving as a backup controller to the PDC?
>
> My shot at this ... create a file and put it on the desktop of one of
> the Win accounts within the domain. Log out. Pull plug on PDC. Log
> back in. Theoretically the BDC should handle the domain log in and
> that file should be on the desktop.
>
> Disclaimer: I've never tried this! And I've had my share of Samba PDC
> nightmares!
>
> --
> Hal
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 8
> Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:34:21 -0700
> From: Smoot Carl-Mitchell <smoot@tic.com>
> Subject: Re: Sendmail slow?
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>
> Message-ID: <1234665261.10180.3089.camel@smoot.tic.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain
>
> On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 17:15 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> > Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> > > You might try running strace on the listening SMTP process with timer
> > > option to see where the delay is creeping in. Something like
> > >
> > > sudo strace -f -p <pid> -o <output_file> -t
> > >
> > > You need the -f to pick up the forked processes as the listening
> > > sendmail handles the connections. The -t will give you timestamps on
> > > each system call.
> >
> > I sent the whole output but it was too big and rejected. Anyway, this
> > shows a 5 second gap but I don't know what it really means. If you can
> > decipher it, great!
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
>
> Here is the blow by blow.
>
> Read /etc/resolv.conf. Likely getting the names of your nameservers.
> > 5092 17:05:19 stat64("/etc/resolv.conf", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644,
> > st_size=91, ...}) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 socket(PF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 5
>
> Connect to 207.181.0.10 (would not happen to be one of your
> nameservers?) The connection descriptor is 5.
> > 5092 17:05:19 connect(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(53),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("207.181.0.10")}, 28) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 poll([{fd=5, events=POLLOUT, revents=POLLOUT}], 1, 0) = 1
>
> Send a request to descriptor 5. This does look like a DNS request.
> > 5092 17:05:19 send(5,
> > "331S116knute2faerioconnect"..., 41, MSG_NOSIGNAL) = 41
> > 5092 17:05:19 poll([{fd=5, events=POLLIN, revents=POLLIN}], 1, 5000) = 1
> > 5092 17:05:19 ioctl(5, FIONREAD, [57]) = 0
>
> Read the response.
> > 5092 17:05:19 recvfrom(5,
> > "331S205200116knute2faerioconnect"..., 1024, 0,
> > {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(53),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("207.181.0.10")}, [16]) = 57
>
> Close the connection.
> > 5092 17:05:19 close(5) = 0
>
> Now set up a socket on port 587 which is the submit port. This is using
> descriptor 8. What is host 216.240.58.140, BTW?
> > 5092 17:05:19 getsockname(8, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(587),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.140")}, [16]) = 0
>
> Read /etc/services.
> > 5092 17:05:19 open("/etc/services", O_RDONLY|0x80000 /* O_??? */) = 5
> > 5092 17:05:19 fstat64(5, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=18449, ...}) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE,
> > MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) = 0xb7ed6000
> > 5092 17:05:19 read(5, "# Network services, Internet sty"..., 4096) = 4096
> > 5092 17:05:19 close(5) = 0
>
>
> > 5092 17:05:19 munmap(0xb7ed6000, 4096) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, NULL, [], 8) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, [ALRM], [], 8) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 time(NULL) = 1234659919
> > 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigaction(SIGALRM, {0xb7f9e170, [], SA_RESTART},
> > {0xb7f9e170, [], SA_RESTART}, 8) = 0
>
> Set an alarms for 5 seconds.
> > 5092 17:05:19 alarm(5) = 0
> > 5092 17:05:19 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ALRM], [ALRM], 8) = 0
>
> New socket on descriptor 5.
> > 5092 17:05:19 socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_IP) = 5
>
> Bind it to the address 216.240.58.140 which I assume is one of your
> local interface addresses.
> > 5092 17:05:19 bind(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(0),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.140")}, 16) = 0
>
> And connect on descriptor 5. This is connecting on port 113 which
> looking at /etc/services is the auth port. This trying to authenticate
> the sender of the email using the AUTH protocol. See RFC1413. Your
> sendmail is trying to use AUTH to detemine the identity of the sender.
> You can disable this in your sendmail.mc file by adding
>
> define(`confTO_IDENT', `0s')dnl
>
> to your sendmail.mc and yor submit.mc file after the include for
> debian-mta or debian-msp and redoing the make in /etc/mail.
>
> > 5092 17:05:19 connect(5, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(113),
> > sin_addr=inet_addr("216.240.58.138")}, 16 <unfinished ...>
>
>
> The alarm is triggered after 5 seconds which is the delay you are
> seeing. So the AUTH protocol is the source of the delay.
> > 16288 17:05:24 <... select resumed> ) = 0 (Timeout)
>
> --
> Smoot Carl-Mitchell
> Computer Systems and
> Network Consultant
> smoot@tic.com
> +1 480 922 7313
> cell: +1 602 421 9005
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> --
> ubuntu-users mailing list
> ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
>
>
> End of ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 54, Issue 162
> *********************************************

Voice your opinion on the burning issues of the day. Discuss, debate with the world. Logon to message boards on MSN. Try it!
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org