Old 12-29-2007, 06:13 PM
"Ben Edwards"

Default ubuntu-mythtv-frontend causes problems

After installing mythtv frontend my desktop background has vanished
and so has anything on it ( ~/Desctop still has stuff in it). Also if
I try to open any folders by selecting items from the Places menu
nothing happens.

Any ideas?
Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK
http://www.flickr.com/photos/funkytwig - have a look at my pics

Old 12-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Thilo Six

Ben Edwards wrote the following on 29.12.2007 20:13

> After installing mythtv frontend my desktop background has vanished
> and so has anything on it ( ~/Desctop still has stuff in it).

open:
gconf-editor > /apps/nautilus/ and
/apps/nautilus/desktop/

and check if there is anything suspicious

check if there is any file called '.hidden' in your home and/or Desktop.
check if there is any suspicious *.desktop file in your Desktop.

Those above are able to hide files.

> Also if
> I try to open any folders by selecting items from the Places menu
> nothing happens.

no glue, sorry

--
bye Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 AM
Thilo Six

</snip>

>> Also if
>> I try to open any folders by selecting items from the Places menu
>> nothing happens.
>
> no glue, sorry

does mythubuntu use metacity or compiz as DM?
The latter canīt display icons on the desktop iirc - or has that changed?

--
Thilo

key: 0x4A411E09

Old 12-30-2007, 08:08 AM
norman

:
> </snip>
>
> >> Also if
> >> I try to open any folders by selecting items from the Places menu
> >> nothing happens.
> >
> > no glue, sorry
> >

> does mythubuntu use metacity or compiz as DM?
> The latter canīt display icons on the desktop iirc - or has that changed?

Just a suggestion, have a look in System -> Preferences -> Appearance
and see if anything needs changing there.

Norman