Old 02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default CD/DVD printing software

im looking for that, cause the gimp-print (gutenprint) does not print my cds or dvds in windows i used to print with Epson PrintCD

¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! br>Sube tus fotos ya http://www.51bello.com/--

Old 02-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Graham Watkins

Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> im looking for that, cause the gimp-print (gutenprint) does not print
> my cds or dvds in windows i used to print with Epson PrintCD

> >¡Sé el Bello 51 de People en Español!
> ¡Es tu oportunidad de Brillar! br>Sube tus fotos ya
> http://www.51bello.com/
I currently use Kover Artist. However this just does jewel case covers
and not round labels for the CDs themselves.

Others I have used and found fairly satisfactory are KCDlabel and
Kover. Others may know differently but I have found that all the really
good cover producers seem to be KDE programs. Non-KDE programs I have
tried (and I can't remember the names of any of them) appear to have
limited functionality in comparison.

Hope this helps.

--
Graham Watkins

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
box, you just need to work on it."
SecurityFocus columnist Scott Granneman.

Old 02-28-2009, 09:05 AM
Johnny Rosenberg

2009/2/16 Cesar Augusto Suarez <cemaaiem@yahoo.com>

im looking for that, cause the gimp-print (gutenprint) does not print my cds or dvds in windows i used to print with Epson PrintCD
What do you mean it doesn't print your cds or dvds? How can it possibly know what paper you put in your printer?Personally I use OpenOffice.org when I print jewel case inserts and CD/DVD labels (I made templates for that but there are a few available somewhere at www.openoffice.org.
Some printers allow you to print directly on the disc, but special discs are required for that (they are usually white on the top side).Or did I totally misunderstand the problem here?
J.R.*

Old 02-28-2009, 09:47 AM
norman

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 09:09 +0000, Graham Watkins wrote:
> Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> > im looking for that, cause the gimp-print (gutenprint) does not print
> > my cds or dvds in windows i used to print with Epson PrintCD

Might I suggest that you have a look at glabels, you can find it in
Synaptic.

Norman