Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 AM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

Default open dbf (dbase III) file

Hi,
In the OO 2.4.x supported file types, there is dBase (.dbf).
Have I got to install the oo.org-base package in order to view it?

--
Chef de projet chez Vectoris
http://www.google.com/search?q=mihamina+rakotomandimby

Old 02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Florian Diesch

"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:

> In the OO 2.4.x supported file types, there is dBase (.dbf).
> Have I got to install the oo.org-base package in order to view it?

Maybe dbview works for you. gnumeric can read .dbf, too.

Florian
--
<http://www.florian-diesch.de/>

Old 02-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Thomas Kaiser

Florian Diesch wrote:
> "Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)" <mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:
>
>> In the OO 2.4.x supported file types, there is dBase (.dbf).
>> Have I got to install the oo.org-base package in order to view it?
>
> Maybe dbview works for you. gnumeric can read .dbf, too.
>

> Florian

I think you can open it with OO calc (Spreadsheet).

Thomas

Old 02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Mihamina Rakotomandimby

Thomas Kaiser wrote:
>>> In the OO 2.4.x supported file types, there is dBase (.dbf).
>>> Have I got to install the oo.org-base package in order to view it?
>> Maybe dbview works for you. gnumeric can read .dbf, too.
> I think you can open it with OO calc (Spreadsheet).

No: "impossible to connect to file"

Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Hal Burgiss

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
<mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:

> No: "impossible to connect to file"

Does converting to another file type help at all?

If so, see dbf2mysql. There is a companion utility mysql2dbf, to go back.

--
Hal

Old 02-17-2009, 04:48 AM

Hal Burgiss wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby
> <mihamina@lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:
>> No: "impossible to connect to file"
> Does converting to another file type help at all?

It would have...
but after half a day of download, installing oo-base, it was the good
way: I now have the file in my spreadsheet.