Old 02-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Default Margin Problem in OO2.4 - Ubuntu 8.04

Hello,

When I open any word document then it takes the default page margin in
OpenOffice.
The default margin that comes with Open Office is very large.

So I changed that margin but again if I open the another word file it
takes the default margin that comes with OpenOffice.
Is it correct behavior or is it bug ?

I was expecting to have the same margin that I updated in the new document.
Any pointer will be of great help.

FYI I am using Ubuntu 8.04 & OO 2.4.
Thanks !

--
Ashish

Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
NoOp

On 02/16/2009 04:26 AM, Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I open any word document then it takes the default page margin in
> OpenOffice.
> The default margin that comes with Open Office is very large.
>
> So I changed that margin but again if I open the another word file it
> takes the default margin that comes with OpenOffice.
> Is it correct behavior or is it bug ?
>
> I was expecting to have the same margin that I updated in the new document.
> Any pointer will be of great help.
>
> FYI I am using Ubuntu 8.04 & OO 2.4.
> Thanks !
>
> --
> Ashish

You can create your own template and set it as default:

http://support.openoffice.org/index.html
http://documentation.openoffice.org/
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Creating_a_template>
<http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Setting_a_default_template>
<http://tutorialsforopenoffice.org/tutorial/Page_Layout_And_Template.html>

Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 AM
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Thanks, I will read the details provided in the links.
And will get back to you if I might be having any questions.

--
Ashish