Old 12-29-2007, 04:02 PM
"Andrew P. Burgess"

Default Upgrading to 7.10 from 7.04

Since I'm having trouble with Ubuntu as
a VM on my laptop, I decided to try it on an extra HD in my desktop. For some
reason, I can't boot the Live CD for Ubuntu 7.10 (just get SQUASHFS and Buffer
I/O errors ; not sure what these are); but*a CD for 7.04 will work. Is it
possible it upgrade to 7.10 once 7.04 is installed? If so, how?
*
Thanks,
Andrew

Old 12-29-2007, 04:09 PM
"Martin Walshe"

a VM on my laptop, I decided to try it on an extra HD in my desktop. For some
reason, I can't boot the Live CD for Ubuntu 7.10 (just get SQUASHFS and Buffer
I/O errors ; not sure what these are); but*a CD for 7.04 will work. Is it
possible it upgrade to 7.10 once 7.04 is installed? If so, how?
*
Thanks,
Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Is outlined very well on the ubuntu site.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GutsyUpgrades might be good to print that off if your unsure.
Marty.

Old 12-29-2007, 05:55 PM
"Raseel Bhagat"

Hi Andrew,

a VM on my laptop, I decided to try it on an extra HD in my desktop. For some
reason, I can't boot the Live CD for Ubuntu 7.10 (just get SQUASHFS and Buffer
I/O errors ; not sure what these are); but*a CD for 7.04 will work. Is it
possible it upgrade to 7.10 once 7.04 is installed? If so, how?

Getting those I/O errors seem to be a common problem.
Here are 2 thing u can try :
--> Give the kernel boot options* -noacpi and irqroll

--> Download the Ubuntu 7.10* Alternate CD. It has a text installer and it will successfully install Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Raseel
www.opensourcedeal.com

www.raseel.in