Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 AM
"Dake K. Odzangba"

Default mDNS & 224.0.0.251

Hello, I noticed this strange ip address: 224.0.0.251 when I was reviewing my ntop logs so I googled a bit and this page:

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/ip/multicast.htm

said something about it being reserved for Multicast DNS. Ok, I'm a bit paranoid about these things but... should I be worried?

--

Odzangba,

Blog: http://odzangba.wordpress.com

Registered Linux User #431909

Registered Linux Machines: #337242 #363374 #392526