Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Gary Dauphin

Default 8.10 SMB ZeroConf not working

Intrepid Ibex
SMB Client and Server are both working fine.
However, the SMB server on 8.10 will not announce itself to the other
network clients via ZeroConf.
That is, the share icons do not appear in Network Neighborhood in
Windows, nor in the Networking on Mac.
However, if I manually enter the dns or IP info, I can mount the
shares just fine.
This feature used to work automagically on previous releases.

Can anyone assist? Please email digitalmus@aol.com if you can.

Gee Deezy