Old 02-14-2009, 05:42 PM
C H

Default Gnome Mouse Behavior

--- On Sat, 2/14/09, Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@dantian.org> wrote:
From: Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@dantian.org>
Subject: Re: Gnome Mouse Behavior
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>, yogich246@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, February 14, 2009, 9:25 AM

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 09:16 -0800, C H wrote:
> Though I am well aquainted with the Ubuntu project --and used KDE, for
> years, I am brand spankin' new, to Gnome, and cannot find where one
> changes the double-click behavior to single-click. I have combed the
> documentation, to no avail.
>
> Is this forum, too, private? ...or can anyone join? ;-)
>

> Thanks.

In any file manager window: Edit -> Preferences. It only affects the
file manager, but that is the only app that really uses doubleclicks as
far as I am aware.

The forum is for "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
discussions" as the description and To: address says, so it's exactly
for this kind of stuff. Though it's appreciated to do a simple Google
search before asking
http://www.google.de/search?q=single+click+gnome

Many thanks. ...And I did search, before asking (which is why you hardly ever see me on any of these forums)... but it just seems my luck to not get the keywords, exactly right. LOL

Old 02-14-2009, 06:06 PM
NoOp

On 02/14/2009 09:16 AM, C H wrote:
> Though I am well aquainted with the Ubuntu project --and used KDE,
> for years, I am brand spankin' new, to Gnome, and cannot find where
> one changes the double-click behavior to single-click. I have combed
> the documentation, to no avail.
>
> Is this forum, too, private? ...or can anyone join? ;-)
>
> Thanks.

From a terminal:

gconf-editor

[if it's not installed, install it w/'sudo apt-get install gconf-editor']

Within gconf-editor: desktop|gnome|peripherals|mouse|single_click -
check the box and it _should_ immediately take affect.

You can set other policies by doing a search for 'click'
Edit|Find|click|Search also in key names. For example, to set single
click in Nautilus (Places|Home Folder ect), go to
apps|nautilus|preferences|click_policy and change it to 'single'.

As for the 'forum'; you'll receive your secret handshake in the mail
within 8-10 business days.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:44 PM
C H

Many thanks, for the info.* I'll wait for the secret handshake. LOL

Old 02-15-2009, 07:53 AM
norman