-   -   Gnome Mouse Behavior (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/245517-gnome-mouse-behavior.html)

C H 02-14-2009 04:16 PM

Gnome Mouse Behavior

Though I am well aquainted with the Ubuntu project --and used KDE, for years, I am brand spankin' new, to Gnome, and cannot find where one changes the double-click behavior to single-click.* I have combed the documentation, to no avail.

Is this forum, too, private? ...or can anyone join? ;-)

Thanks.

Mario Vukelic 02-14-2009 04:25 PM

Gnome Mouse Behavior

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 09:16 -0800, C H wrote:
> Though I am well aquainted with the Ubuntu project --and used KDE, for
> years, I am brand spankin' new, to Gnome, and cannot find where one
> changes the double-click behavior to single-click. I have combed the
> documentation, to no avail.
>
> Is this forum, too, private? ...or can anyone join? ;-)
>
> Thanks.

In any file manager window: Edit -> Preferences. It only affects the
file manager, but that is the only app that really uses doubleclicks as
far as I am aware.

The forum is for "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general
discussions" as the description and To: address says, so it's exactly
for this kind of stuff. Though it's appreciated to do a simple Google
search before asking :)
http://www.google.de/search?q=single+click+gnome