Old 02-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Chris G

Default Pages that work in IE but not Firefox - what's missing?

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 03:30:00PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > I'm looking for accomodation and other information in France and keep
> > hitting sites which don't work in Fierfox. For example:-
> >
> > http://www.ville-castres.fr/_tourisme_site//index.php
> >
> > The page comes up but the menu on the left and a picture are blank,
> > not having the menu makes it rather difficult to use! In IE (I run
> > XP in VirtualBox) the site appears OK complete with picture and menu.
> >
> > I have Flash installed in Firefox so is there something else missing
> > or is there something wrong with my Flash installation or is it
> > something else entirely?
> >
> > Oh, I'm running Forefox 3.0.6 on xubuntu 8.10.
> >

> Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE 3.5.10), Firefox 3.0.5, Flash 10.
>
> Works for me.

Hmmm, xubuntu, Firefox 3.0.6, Flash 10.0.15.3 - doesn't work.

--
Chris Green

Old 02-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Chris G

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 02:31:18PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 13:14 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > I'm looking for accomodation and other information in France and keep
> > hitting sites which don't work in Fierfox. For example:-
> >
> > http://www.ville-castres.fr/_tourisme_site//index.php
> >
> > The page comes up but the menu on the left and a picture are blank,
> > not having the menu makes it rather difficult to use!
>
> FWIW it works fine for me, using Firefox 3.06 on the Jaunty alpha.
>

> > I have Flash installed in Firefox so is there something else missing
> > or is there something wrong with my Flash installation
>
> Does www.flash.com work with video, sound and all?

No - so it looks as if there's something broken with my Flash
installation.

--
Chris Green

Old 02-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Chris G

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 01:47:43PM +0000, norman wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 13:14 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > I'm looking for accomodation and other information in France and keep
> > hitting sites which don't work in Fierfox. For example:-
> >
> > http://www.ville-castres.fr/_tourisme_site//index.php
> >
> > The page comes up but the menu on the left and a picture are blank,
> > not having the menu makes it rather difficult to use! In IE (I run
> > XP in VirtualBox) the site appears OK complete with picture and menu.
> >
> > I have Flash installed in Firefox so is there something else missing
> > or is there something wrong with my Flash installation or is it
> > something else entirely?
> >
> > Oh, I'm running Forefox 3.0.6 on xubuntu 8.10.
>
> Just tried the URL and it loaded with no problem. I am running Firefox
> 3.0.6 on Ubuntu 8.10.

So I'm just broken. I'm off to remove and re-install Flash I think!

--
Chris Green

Old 02-14-2009, 03:06 PM
Chris G

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 04:00:21PM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 01:47:43PM +0000, norman wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 13:14 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > > I'm looking for accomodation and other information in France and keep
> > > hitting sites which don't work in Fierfox. For example:-
> > >
> > > http://www.ville-castres.fr/_tourisme_site//index.php
> > >
> > > The page comes up but the menu on the left and a picture are blank,
> > > not having the menu makes it rather difficult to use! In IE (I run
> > > XP in VirtualBox) the site appears OK complete with picture and menu.
> > >
> > > I have Flash installed in Firefox so is there something else missing
> > > or is there something wrong with my Flash installation or is it
> > > something else entirely?
> > >
> > > Oh, I'm running Forefox 3.0.6 on xubuntu 8.10.
> >
> > Just tried the URL and it loaded with no problem. I am running Firefox
> > 3.0.6 on Ubuntu 8.10.
> >
> So I'm just broken. I'm off to remove and re-install Flash I think!

Yes, that was it, completely remove Flash and then re-installed it -
now working - thanks all! :-)

--
Chris Green

Old 02-14-2009, 10:36 PM
James Takac

On Sunday 15 February 2009 01:59:38 Chris G wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 02:31:18PM +0100, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 13:14 +0000, Chris G wrote:
> > > I'm looking for accomodation and other information in France and keep
> > > hitting sites which don't work in Fierfox. For example:-
> > >
> > > http://www.ville-castres.fr/_tourisme_site//index.php
> > >
> > > The page comes up but the menu on the left and a picture are blank,
> > > not having the menu makes it rather difficult to use!
> >
> > FWIW it works fine for me, using Firefox 3.06 on the Jaunty alpha.
> >
> > > I have Flash installed in Firefox so is there something else missing
> > > or is there something wrong with my Flash installation
> >
> > Does www.flash.com work with video, sound and all?
>
> No - so it looks as if there's something broken with my Flash
> installation.
>
> --
> Chris Green

Hi Chris

There've been times when I couldn't get the flash plugin to work and so tried
gnash from the repositories instead with success. Maybe it'll work for you?

James