Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
gayathri singh

Default Ubuntu on XP machine - display problem

Hi There,

I tried installing Ubuntu linux on my machine (Windows XP) & was able to see the options to restart my machine with ubuntu / windows. However, I got stuck at the display part. My machine autodetects : Digital Input (DVI port) & says:"OUT OF RANGE SIGNAL. CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE, CHANGE COMPUTER DISPLAY INPUT TO 1680X1050 @60Hz "

Has anyone come across such messages before? I think it could be a problem with display drivers on my system. But can anyone suggest how I could work around this problem?

Setting the resolution & refresh rate in windows mode doesnt help

Thanks,
GV

Old 02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Matthew Flaschen

gayathri singh wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I tried installing Ubuntu linux on my machine (Windows XP) & was able to see
> the options to restart my machine with ubuntu / windows. However, I got
> stuck at the display part. My machine autodetects : Digital Input (DVI port)
> & says:"OUT OF RANGE SIGNAL. CANNOT DISPLAY THIS VIDEO MODE, CHANGE COMPUTER
> DISPLAY INPUT TO 1680X1050 @60Hz "
>
> Has anyone come across such messages before? I think it could be a problem
> with display drivers on my system. But can anyone suggest how I could work
> around this problem?

It will help if you provide more information, such as your video card model.

> Setting the resolution & refresh rate in windows mode doesnt help

No, that will have no effect.

Matt Flaschen