Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Zach Uram

Default Ubuntu 8.10 Live CD only does 800x600 video!?

I got an Ubuntu 8.10 Live Cd in the mail today so I'm trying it, seems
nice but it will only let me do 800x600 video resolution (very
annoying!), I looked in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it doesn't even have
specific values in there: http://pastebin.com/f3c5ff4f7 How can I get
1024x768 video resolution working? It worked fine in Ubuntu 6.06 Live
CD.

Zach

Old 02-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

> I got an Ubuntu 8.10 Live Cd in the mail today so I'm
> trying it, seems
> nice but it will only let me do 800x600 video resolution
> (very
> annoying!), I looked in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and it
> doesn't even have
> specific values in there: http://pastebin.com/f3c5ff4f7 How
> can I get
> 1024x768 video resolution working? It worked fine in Ubuntu
> 6.06 Live
> CD.
>
> Zach
>
> -
Have you tried booting up in recovery mode and running "xfix", let run to completion then select continue with normal boot. You might also get more specific info if you told the list just what card you are using and what driver is installed for it. lspci, lshw and lsmod
may be useful to you to discover the card and driver that the OS is using.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net