FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi
 
Default ubuntu 8.10 64bit

Ilan Goldenberg wrote:
> I just installed it a few days ago, I cant hear sound on youtube and
> cant install skype, also I use the free sms of Icq and dont know how
> to use this trough Figyn program, I also use voice chat on yahoo and
> dont know how to do it on Figyn.
> Youre help is most appriciated, thanks in advance, Ilan

Ilan,

Skype: Please (for instance) check
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=925211 on how to install it.

Pidgin: (to my knowledge) No voice chat available.

Antivirus: I'll probably not need one. Follow Mario's advice.

You will find an ICQ compatible at Applications/Add Remove (search ICQ).
I'm not sure how compatible it is.)

Sound on YouTube? I suppose you have Adobe Flash 64 beta or something
like it otherwise you wouldn't have image. I guess you have to fiddle
with your audio configurations but I might be very wrong, better wait
for the wizards.

L.


--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil
Lat.: 23°34'4.79"S
Long.: 46°39'59.53"W

email: lmnicolosi@gmail.com
skype: lmnicolosi1

Linux Registered User #481505
http://counter.li.org/




--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi
 
Default ubuntu 8.10 64bit

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ilan Goldenberg wrote:
>>
>> I just installed it a few days ago, I cant hear sound on youtube and cant
>> install skype, also I use the free sms of Icq and dont know how to use this
>> trough Figyn program, I also use voice chat on yahoo and dont know how to do
>> it on Figyn.
>>
>
> Antivirus: I'll probably not need one. Follow Mario's advice.

Correction: YOU will probably not need one (I certainly don't).

>
>
> --
> Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
> São Paulo - Brazil
> Lat.: 23°34'4.79"S
> Long.: 46°39'59.53"W
>
> email: lmnicolosi@gmail.com
> skype: lmnicolosi1
>
> Linux Registered User #481505
> http://counter.li.org/

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Knapp
 
Default ubuntu 8.10 64bit

> Sound on YouTube? I suppose you have Adobe Flash 64 beta or something
> like it otherwise you wouldn't have image. I guess you have to fiddle
> with your audio configurations but I might be very wrong, better wait
> for the wizards.

I use 64 bit and use youtube all the time and skype. So it can work
and I did not need to do anything special. You are using medibuntu
right?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Ilan Goldenberg
 
Default ubuntu 8.10 64bit

I dont have sound at all when I play back something of streem video, the only sound I get is alerts from the included messenger program

2009/2/14 Knapp <magick.crow@gmail.com>

> Sound on YouTube? I suppose you have Adobe *Flash 64 beta or something

> like it otherwise you wouldn't have image. I guess you have to fiddle

> with your audio configurations but I might be very wrong, better wait

> for the wizards.



I use 64 bit and use youtube all the time and skype. So it can work

and I did not need to do anything special. You are using medibuntu

right?

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu



--

Douglas E Knapp



Why do we live?



--

ubuntu-users mailing list

ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org