Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 PM
"Dake K. Odzangba"

Default Loss Of Title Bar In Kontact After Upgrade To KDE 4.2

Hi, I was going to try out KDE 4.2 so I followed the instructions on the kubuntu website (added the kubuntu-experimental repo to my sources) and did a dist-upgrade. Thing is, now kontact has no title bar; it cannot be moved or resized. Switching to it with alt+tab causes the screen to flicker like mad. Other apps (GNOME+KDE) don't have this problem... amarok works just fine. I'm thinking of filing a bug report but before I do that, any ideas? Is this a known issue? Here's what running kontact on the terminal coughs up:

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>Calling appendChild() on a null node does nothing.

>kontact(20642) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin: Successfully loaded plugin:

> "kspell_hspell.desktop" kontact(20642) Sonnet::Loader::loadPlugin:

> Successfully loaded plugin: "kspell_enchant.desktop"

I also get stuff like this down the line:

> SplitInfo #0 recipients: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general

> discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Format info for openpgp/mime:

> Signing keys:

> SplitInfo #0 encryption keys:

> SplitInfo #0 recipients: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general

> discussions" <ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com> kontact(20642)

> Sonnet::Highlighter::slotRehighlight: Highlighter::slotRehighlight() X

> Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3

> Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)

> Resource id: 0x821467c

Kontact version: 1.11.0

Cheers

--

Odzangba,

Blog: http://odzangba.wordpress.com

Registered Linux User #431909

Registered Linux Machines: #337242 #363374 #392526