Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM
Michael Kadzioch

Default file preview in nautilus

Hi all

It's possible to active file preview in nautilus. But i can only choose
"never", "local" an "always" (local and remote).

Now i need an option to choose file preview by file-type.
For example preview always for local jpg-files.

Thanks for help.

--
Michael Kadzioch

michael_kadzioch@gmx.de
http://www.kadzioch.net

Old 02-13-2009, 03:48 PM
David Tuñón

Hi,

Now i need an option to choose file preview by file-type.

For example preview always for local jpg-files.
Use configuration editor and browse to:

/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers

--
Saludos / Regards

David Tuñon
davidtf@gmail.com

Old 02-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Michael Kadzioch

Old 02-16-2009, 10:08 AM
David Tuñón

ok, but how can i use it?

gconf-editor from console or Configuration Editor under System Tools menu (hidden by default).

--
Saludos / Regards

David Tuñon
davidtf@gmail.com

Old 02-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Michael Kadzioch

Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM
David Tuñón

Hi Michael,
*
Sorry for misunderstanding. I fund the editor an i fund the item

"/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers"

But how can i change the configuration for "preview always for jpg-file".

thanks for help!
I used the gconf-editor to disable pdf files preview in the past and I thought procedure for jpg files would be similar.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2006-April/072885.html

I was wrong, jpg files are not listed in configuration editor.

Sorry for that. Tell us if you find solution.

--
Saludos / Regards

David Tuñon
davidtf@gmail.com

Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
NoOp

On 02/16/2009 05:25 AM, David Tuñón wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>

>> Sorry for misunderstanding. I fund the editor an i fund the item
>> "/desktop/gnome/thumbnailers"
>>
>> But how can i change the configuration for "preview always for jpg-file".
>>
>> thanks for help!
>

> I used the gconf-editor to disable pdf files preview in the past and I
> thought procedure for jpg files would be similar.
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2006-April/072885.html
>
> I was wrong, jpg files are not listed in configuration editor.
>
> Sorry for that. Tell us if you find solution.

These might help:

<http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=gnome+%2Bthumbnailers>

<http://library.gnome.org/devel/integration-guide/stable/thumbnailer.html.en>

However, by default jpg files should be appearing as thumbnails in
Nautilus if you have 'View|View as Icons' selected. You can modify icon
views via /apps/nautilus/icon_view and preferences.

A word of caution regarding changing things in gconf-editor; always note
the default/previous setting before you change something. Or, better
yet, backup your ~/.gconf folder *before* you start making changes, example:

$ cp -R ~/.gconf ~/.gconfbackup