Old 12-29-2007, 02:25 AM
"Ricardo C O Freitas"

Default Ubuntu 7.10 freezing installation at 90% on Toshiba Satellite M70

Hi!

I've got ubuntu 6.06 LTS working pretty nice on this machine but 7.10..... hangs at 90% at 'checking hardware'

or something like that!
The LiveCD 7.10 on the other hand.... works fine!

What is the key? gap? bug?

Any help?

tia

Ricardo

In Lak'ech - Mitakuye Oyasin -Ubuntu - Ho'oponopoono

Old 12-29-2007, 02:27 AM
"Ricardo C O Freitas"

*
--
In Lak'ech - Mitakuye Oyasin -Ubuntu - Ho'oponopoono

Old 12-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Peter Garrett

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:27:17 -0200
"Ricardo C O Freitas" <ricardo.cofreitas@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've got ubuntu 6.06 LTS working pretty nice on this machine but 7.10.....
> hangs at 90% at 'checking hardware'
>
> or something like that!
>
> The LiveCD 7.10 on the other hand.... works fine!
>
> What is the key? gap? bug?
>
> Any help?

It's probably worth trying the install with the text-mode "alternate" CD ,
if you haven't already. It seems quite a few people have problems with the
"Live" installer.

Peter

--
"INX Is Not X" based on Ubuntu 7.04 Live CD: http://inx.maincontent.net