Old 02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Robert Holtzman

Default partial upgrade

Started to install the latest upgrade and was greeted by a notice that
not all upgrades could be installed. The option of installing a partial
upgrade was offered which I accepted. Now at least one app, avscan,
seems to have been uninstalled. When I tried to reinstall it everything
seemed to go normally but nothing got installed. The only files are in
/usr/share/doc/avscan, /var/lib/dpkg/info and /var/cache/apt/archives.
Nothing else including /usr/bin/avscan. Running dpkg -l shows avscan as
being installed. It lies!

There was a list of files, most of which I can't remember, shown as
being effected and I don't as yet know what other apps were impacted.

The fact that the app was deleted doesn't bother me as much as the fact
that it refuses to reinstall.

--
Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer"