Old 02-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Chaman Singh Verma

Default Help: Command line rotating line

Hello,

I am not quite sure if this is the place to ask some specific question about linux/unix functionality. So if it
is not the right place, please ignore this mail.

I have seen many software that uses command line rotating line to indicate wait for example

Processing Sequence ....* |*** This | line keeps on rotating

and other example

Current iteration number . #* ( In this # keeps on changing on the screen )

Can someone tell me how it is done ? What software I must use which is available on ubuntu ?

csv

Old 02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Aart Koelewijn

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:28:52 +0530, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not quite sure if this is the place to ask some specific question
> about linux/unix functionality. So if it
> is not the right place, please ignore this mail.
>
> I have seen many software that uses command line rotating line to
> indicate wait for example
>
> Processing Sequence .... | This | line keeps on rotating
>
> and other example
>
> Current iteration number . # ( In this # keeps on changing on the
> screen )
>
> Can someone tell me how it is done ? What software I must use which is
> available on ubuntu ?
>
> csv

I don't know the answer, but for almost all the software the source is
available to you, it is called Open Source isn't it? So, if you want to
know how this is done, you can look at the source.

Aart

Old 02-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Florian Diesch

Chaman Singh Verma <csv610@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not quite sure if this is the place to ask some specific question about
> linux/unix functionality. So if it
> is not the right place, please ignore this mail.
>
> I have seen many software that uses command line rotating line to indicate
> wait for example
>
> Processing Sequence .... | This | line keeps on rotating
>
> and other example
>
> Current iteration number . # ( In this # keeps on changing on the screen )
>
> Can someone tell me how it is done ? What software I must use which is
> available on ubuntu ?

for i in $(seq 1 20); do
printf '%s' $c
/bin/sleep 0.1