Old 02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
howard chen

Default How to start SSHD in high priority?

Hello,

Is it possible to config SSHD to start in high priority?

Since sometime the mysql database server is busy... I would like to
ssh into the server to kill some long running process...

Is it possible?

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:56 PM
Bart Silverstrim

howard chen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to config SSHD to start in high priority?
>
> Since sometime the mysql database server is busy... I would like to
> ssh into the server to kill some long running process...
>

> Is it possible?

I don't know how easy that would be to do, but you could look into a
watchdog program that when it sees a particular condition can run a
script that would either boost SSHD or kill an errant process for you
and email you about the issue.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
"Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)"

howard chen wrote:
> Since sometime the mysql database server is busy... I would like to
> ssh into the server to kill some long running process...

One other possibility if easier, run mysql in very low priority.

--
Chef de projet chez Vectoris
http://www.google.com/search?q=mihamina+rakotomandimby