Old 02-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Nathan Bahn

Default Monitor problem (WAS: ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com)

G.S.--

"Setting the resolution & refresh rate in windows mode doesnt help "
The reason it doesn't help is because that windows XP (Home or Pro, it doesn't matter) is never activated by the B.I.O.S.; that is because the B.I.O.S. is attempting to run Linux.

It sounds like (to me, anyway) that things are going haywire when the B.I.O.S. attempts to start Linux.* Perhaps you need to adjust the monitor through its controls on the front.* It's just a thought, though -- I'm hardly an expert.

--N.B.