Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Default Undesirable Behavior of Pidgin in Ubuntu 8.04

Hello,

I have installed Pidgin for IM purpose.
The version of Pidgin is 2.5.2.

Pidgin automatically exists after certain duration of time(5 minutes,
10 minutes or 15 minutes) from the Gnome Panel.
How can I debug this problem ?

--
Ashish

Old 02-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

Ashish Vijaywargiya wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Pidgin for IM purpose.
> The version of Pidgin is 2.5.2.
>
> Pidgin automatically exists after certain duration of time(5 minutes,
> 10 minutes or 15 minutes) from the Gnome Panel.
> How can I debug this problem ?
>
> --
> Ashish

Perhaps you might want to test version 2.5.4 (not available at Synaptic)
from:

http://www.getdeb.net/app/Pidgin

but it's also buggy (at least for me), with periodical crashes (8.10 -
Intrepid).

May check Pidgin/Buddy_List/Help/Debug_Window and the System Logs.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil