Old 02-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Chris Mohler

Default printing via serial to usb cable > setting up HP 4050 with network adapter

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Wade Smart <wadesmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> 20090210 1332 GMT-5
>
> It took two weeks but I have my network adapter for the HP and its
> installed. I went to System > Printers and deleted the old printer setup
> to install a new one but Im not sure how to give the HP a IP. Its
> connected to my router as is my pc but its not asking for an address.

Are you sure it's not getting an IP via DHCP? Try 'sudo netmap -A
192.168.0.*' (or whatever your LAN is).

If not, you may have to look at the HP docs to see what the default IP
is. Is there anything in the printer's (physical LCD) menu that has
to deal with the network settings? I have a vague memory of something
like that on a 4000N...

Chris