Old 02-10-2009, 07:17 PM
BrainDrip

Default Do you use Me-TV with ATSC, if so it could use testing for Jaunty

Hi.

I am a fan of Me-TV. I live in the US which uses ATSC. But the current
releases of Me-TV do not contain ATSC support because there were not
enough ATSC users for testing and debugging. So I started my own branch
to help the Me-TV author get ATSC back in the fold. But as of right now
I am the only ATSC user helping out and that is simply not enough. I am
looking for other ATSC users who use or might use Me-TV to help test and
debug ATSC support in Me-TV. The Me-TV author will be very soon hoping
to upload a new release of Me-TV to Debian experimental and request a
sync with Jaunty. This is going to happen real quick so if you would
like to see ATSC support for Jaunty, you need to get cracking.

Here's the branch:
https://code.launchpad.net/~me-tv-fan/me-tv/metvfan-atsc
Do note that Launchpad seems to occasionally change the branch status to
merge, just ignore it as I am working to figure out why and solve it.

As for myself I don't really care if it gets into Jaunty or not as I am
content to always build from source, but I will be submitting my ATSC
report the the Me-TV author tonight or on Wed. Please help me out or if
you know someone who would like to participate please let them know
about this. Thank you.

Metvfan

Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
Jim Smith

BrainDrip wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am a fan of Me-TV. I live in the US which uses ATSC. But the current
> releases of Me-TV do not contain ATSC support because there were not
> enough ATSC users for testing and debugging. So I started my own branch
> to help the Me-TV author get ATSC back in the fold. But as of right now
> I am the only ATSC user helping out and that is simply not enough. I am
> looking for other ATSC users who use or might use Me-TV to help test and
> debug ATSC support in Me-TV. The Me-TV author will be very soon hoping
> to upload a new release of Me-TV to Debian experimental and request a
> sync with Jaunty. This is going to happen real quick so if you would
> like to see ATSC support for Jaunty, you need to get cracking.
>
> Here's the branch:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~me-tv-fan/me-tv/metvfan-atsc
> Do note that Launchpad seems to occasionally change the branch status to
> merge, just ignore it as I am working to figure out why and solve it.
>
> As for myself I don't really care if it gets into Jaunty or not as I am
> content to always build from source, but I will be submitting my ATSC
> report the the Me-TV author tonight or on Wed. Please help me out or if
> you know someone who would like to participate please let them know
> about this. Thank you.
>
> Metvfan

I do not need ATSC as I have cable, which means I need QAM support. Is
it there?

Just curious.
Jim

--
Its only a hobby, only a hobby, only a hobby, only a ho............

Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
BrainDrip

Jim Smith wrote:
> BrainDrip wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am a fan of Me-TV. I live in the US which uses ATSC. But the current
>> releases of Me-TV do not contain ATSC support because there were not
>> enough ATSC users for testing and debugging. So I started my own branch
>> to help the Me-TV author get ATSC back in the fold. But as of right now
>> I am the only ATSC user helping out and that is simply not enough. I am
>> looking for other ATSC users who use or might use Me-TV to help test and
>> debug ATSC support in Me-TV. The Me-TV author will be very soon hoping
>> to upload a new release of Me-TV to Debian experimental and request a
>> sync with Jaunty. This is going to happen real quick so if you would
>> like to see ATSC support for Jaunty, you need to get cracking.
>>
>> Here's the branch:
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~me-tv-fan/me-tv/metvfan-atsc
>> Do note that Launchpad seems to occasionally change the branch status to
>> merge, just ignore it as I am working to figure out why and solve it.
>>
>> As for myself I don't really care if it gets into Jaunty or not as I am
>> content to always build from source, but I will be submitting my ATSC
>> report the the Me-TV author tonight or on Wed. Please help me out or if
>> you know someone who would like to participate please let them know
>> about this. Thank you.
>>
>> Metvfan
>>

> I do not need ATSC as I have cable, which means I need QAM support. Is
> it there?
>
> Just curious.
> Jim

I don't know, contact the maintainer.