Old 02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Tomoki Taniguchi

Default CIFS charset problem under commandline

I am having problems with Japanese filenames under the commandline.
the japanese characters are not being displayed properly.

When I mount the SHARED drive under GNOME, there is no problem.
only when i mount using mount -t cifs in the commandline.

can anyone help me so i can access the share under commandline properly?

thanks in advanced,
tomoki

Old 02-10-2009, 05:04 PM
"Jason Crain"

On Tue, February 10, 2009 10:19 am, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
> I am having problems with Japanese filenames under the commandline.
> the japanese characters are not being displayed properly.
>
> When I mount the SHARED drive under GNOME, there is no problem.
> only when i mount using mount -t cifs in the commandline.

What character set does it use, UTF8? You mave have to add -o
iocharset=utf8 to the command line.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Tomoki Taniguchi

I have my whole options is as follows
-o credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,rw,noexec,iocharset=utf8
but still no luck

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Jason Crain <jason@bluetree.ath.cx> wrote:
> On Tue, February 10, 2009 10:19 am, Tomoki Taniguchi wrote:
>> I am having problems with Japanese filenames under the commandline.
>> the japanese characters are not being displayed properly.
>>
>> When I mount the SHARED drive under GNOME, there is no problem.
>> only when i mount using mount -t cifs in the commandline.
>
> What character set does it use, UTF8? You mave have to add -o
> iocharset=utf8 to the command line.

Tomoki Taniguchi
SKYPE: taiyocable.com_taniguchi_tomoki
MSN: tomoki_taniguchi@hotmail.com