Old 02-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Avi Greenbury

Default problem getting onto citi-bank site

Gary Herbert wrote:
> I am a new user to Ubuntu and I have a problem with Citi-Bank website...
> I can't get on it using Intrepid... Short of quitting the bank which I
> don't want to do the only way I get onto it is use a windows machine...

I'm presuming you're after information on how to avoid having these
problems? If so, you're going to have to elaborate a bit on what these
problems are.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Matthew Flaschen

Gary Herbert wrote:
> I am a new user to Ubuntu and I have a problem with Citi-Bank website...

Which Citibank site? I use two, and do not have problems.

Matt Flaschen

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Preston Hagar

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Gary Herbert <signdog@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a new user to Ubuntu and I have a problem with Citi-Bank website... I
> can't get on it using Intrepid... Short of quitting the bank which I don't
> want to do the only way I get onto it is use a windows machine...
>
> Gary Herbert

I use the Citi Bank Mortgage site with no trouble
(www.citimortgage.com). Which site are you trying to use? What
happens (page doesn't load, try to log in and nothing happens, try to
log in and you get an error, etc.)? In a worst case senario, you
might try out ie4linux:

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page

or setup WindowsXP in VirtualBox.

That being said, it seems to me that most major banks/websites have
started to make sure their stuff works in Firefox/Linux so it may very
well be a fixable issue with a little more detail.

Preston

Old 02-11-2009, 11:03 AM
Gary Herbert

I thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments... I got it working with no problems... It did happen to be citicards.com my credit card.... I tried Epiphany and it logged right in....

Gary Herbert

Old 02-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Matthew Flaschen

Gary Herbert wrote:
> *I thank everyone for their advice and helpful comments... I got it working
> with no problems... It did happen to be citicards.com my credit card.... I
> tried Epiphany and it logged right in....

FWIW, I use citicards.com with Firefox. I really don't know why you
can't get it work. It works for me even without JS, though I can get
the bling working when I want to.

Matt Flaschen