Old 02-10-2009, 12:29 AM
Raquel

Default Wireless Woes (was Asus Aspire One Network Woes)

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:17:54 -0500
Shannon McMackin <smcmackin@gmail.com> wrote:

> What wireless chipset do you have?
>
> lspci will tell you or a scan through /var/log/dmesg...
>
> Atheros is problematic with the ath5k driver and it's recommended
> to blacklist it and resort to using madwifi.
>
> The forums should have details on how to do this. I have Intel, so
> I guess you can put me in the fortunate category...
>
> Also, with ethernet plugged in, you may not be able to access
> wireless. Only certain drivers support ICS (Internet Connection
> Sharing).

This reminds me of the trouble I had getting online 10 years ago this
month, when I switched from Windows NT3.51 to RedHat.

The output from lspci ...
Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X
Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com