Old 02-09-2009, 09:53 PM
Kjetil Halvorsen

Default emacs and other programs, like firefox

Hola!

It seems like GNU emacs does'nt share clipboard with firefox!
so to move text from emacs into firefox iI need to save to file first.
can thatb problem be solved, it is possible to make them share clipboard?

Kjetil H
--
"Mathematics is not the rigid and rigidity-producing schema that the layman thinks it is; rather, in it we find ourselves at that meeting point of constraint and freedom that is the very essence of human nature." * *

Old 02-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Colin Bell

Kjetil Halvorsen <kjetil1001@gmail.com> writes:

> Hola!
>
> It seems like GNU emacs does'nt share clipboard with firefox!
> so to move text from emacs into firefox iI need to save to file first.
> can thatb problem be solved, it is possible to make them share clipboard?

Try putting

(setq x-select-enable-clipboard t)

in your .emacs file.

Old 02-09-2009, 11:33 PM