Old 02-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Computer assistance Akatsi

Default Mounting DVD for installing programs in synaptic or add/remove programs and question about DVD contents and Burmese

Hello

I have tried to mount a DVD in synaptic and in the add/remove programs (is it aptitude it is called?). I tried to click the add cd button in the program, but it does not find the DVD. The DVD is Kubuntu DVD, which works fine otherwise (it boots and allows me to install it). So i want to add this to what i think is called the repository? Whatever, i don't have a internet connection, neither do they in Ghana, where i want to help them with this offline type of install. And therefor i want them to be able to put a DVD, like a Ubuntu og kubuntu in the drive, and see a list of programs they can install

I also was wondering what the differences are between the DVD and CD? I wanted to download the DVD so maybe it would contain more programs for those people in Ghana, who dont have much internet access (when they do have it, it's slooooow).

I was wondering if the DVD install supports Burmese? And is it well supported (is most of the main programs in Ubuntu translated)?

Robert
--
Please keep message text when replying

Computer assistance Akatsi