Old 02-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Firefox 3.0.6

Hi

when is Firefox 3.0.6 available on Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition ?

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Lucio M Nicolosi

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi
>
> when is Firefox 3.0.6 available on Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal
I don't have the slightest idea, but since no one else bothered to answer:

3.0.6 has just been released for 8.10 (I'm installing it right now).

As a LTS edition, 8.04 is more conservative in terms of updating and may
lag behind (can't check, scraped my 8.04).

In my short experience with Ubuntu, I learned to be patient and stay as
far away as possible from applications not showing in Synaptic. They
tend to mess with my system.

If you are strong at heart you can always download the latest 3.1 beta
version from:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-beta.html

and try to install it, and give us some feedback.

L.

--
Lucio M. Nicolosi, Eng.
São Paulo - Brazil

email: lmnicolosi@gmail.com
skype: lmnicolosi1

Linux Registered User #481505
http://counter.li.org/

Old 02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
NoOp

On 02/10/2009 08:06 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> when is Firefox 3.0.6 available on Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop edition ?
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>>
>> Kaushal
> I don't have the slightest idea, but since no one else bothered to answer:
>
> 3.0.6 has just been released for 8.10 (I'm installing it right now).
>
> As a LTS edition, 8.04 is more conservative in terms of updating and may
> lag behind (can't check, scraped my 8.04).

It was updated on Hardy today.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Bill Taylor

Every time I start Firefox and click the Bookmarks the first time it
automatically wants to bookmark my Home page, is there a way to turn
this off?
-
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-69

Old 03-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Frank McCormick

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 15:44 -0600, Bill Taylor wrote:
> Every time I start Firefox and click the Bookmarks the first time it
> automatically wants to bookmark my Home page, is there a way to turn
> this off?

Strange. I have exactly the same problem --I thought it was particular
to this system...but maybe not.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Chris Mohler

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Frank McCormick <fmccormick@videotron.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 15:44 -0600, Bill Taylor wrote:
>> Every time I start Firefox and click the Bookmarks the first time it
>> automatically wants to bookmark my Home page, is there a way to turn
>> this off?
>

> *Strange. I have exactly the same problem --I thought it was particular
> to this system...but maybe not.

Same here - I smell a bug. I haven't bothered to see if it's a FF bug
or Ubuntu bug yet though (Canonical modifies upstream FF when
packaging).

Chris