Old 02-09-2009, 07:06 AM
Pedro Garcia Rodriguez

Default Broadcom 4312 Wifi Drivers Problem

Hi:
* I've recently buy a new hp mini notebook 2133 with 2g of ram and 120 hd, in wich I've installed Ubuntu 8.10, but I can't make the wifi work correctly. I've made an lspci command and it returns that there is a boradcomm 4312 module installed but neither wicd or Gnome Network Manager give me the option of select the wifi. Can someone point me to a solution? I'm tired of the plugged connection.

Thanks!!!
--
Pedro García Rodríguez

Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

Pedro Garcia Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi:
> I've recently buy a new hp mini notebook 2133 with 2g of ram and 120 hd,
> in wich I've installed Ubuntu 8.10, but I can't make the wifi work
> correctly. I've made an lspci command and it returns that there is a
> boradcomm 4312 module installed but neither wicd or Gnome Network Manager
> give me the option of select the wifi. Can someone point me to a solution?
> I'm tired of the plugged connection.
>
> Thanks!!!

Which kernel are you using? If it is -11 then boot up with -9 and
try the WiFi. It will work.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Pedro Garcia Rodriguez

Could it be 2.26.27-7 generic

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1@gmail.com> wrote:

Pedro Garcia Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi:

> * I've recently buy a new hp mini notebook 2133 with 2g of ram and 120 hd,

> in wich I've installed Ubuntu 8.10, but I can't make the wifi work

> correctly. I've made an lspci command and it returns that there is a

> boradcomm 4312 module installed but neither wicd or Gnome Network Manager

> give me the option of select the wifi. Can someone point me to a solution?

> I'm tired of the plugged connection.

> Thanks!!!

* *Which kernel are you using? *If it is -11 then boot up with -9 and

try the WiFi. It will work.

Karl

--

* * * *Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI

* * * *Linux User

* * * *#450462 * http://counter.li.org.

* PGP 4208 4D6E 595F 22B9 FF1C *ECB6 4A3C 2C54 FE23 53A7

Pedro García Rodríguez

Old 02-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Karl Larsen