Old 02-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Himanshu Chauhan

Default Compiling, Installing and Running new kernel.

Hi,

I compiled the linux kernel with fakeroot make-kpkg commands. It
compiled and installed fine. But when I tried booting from this new
kernel, it waits for long time for root filesystem to come up but then
fails and breaks in busybox shell of initramfs. I tried compiling ext2
and ext3 filesystem in the kernel. That too didn't work. I also tried
using root=/dev/sda1 and root=LABEL=/ but nothing seems to work. I don't
know how UUID thing works. Default kernel that is installed by Ubuntu
works fine. Please help.

Thanks

Regards
- Himanshu