Old 02-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Pete Clapham

Default RAID problem?

Ivan Kiryazov wrote:

Hello,

I have never used Linux and I
would like to
try now, but when I try to install Ubuntu the following message appears:

*

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian
1:1.1.3-3ubuntu3)
Built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of
built in
commands.

*

(initramfs)_

*

I think that it has something
to do with “RAID”,
but I cannot find this setting in the BIOS. Is it possible that I
cannot switch
to RAID? My computer is HP Compaq 8510w.

I would be really glad if I
can use Linux
on my computer.

Thank you very much.

Ivan Kirayzov

Ivan --

Just a comment -- Ubuntu Linux is great, but do you really want RAID?*
If you need it, fine.* If you don't, it can cause a lot of
problems.* I hesitate to think how much data I've lost by using RAID.*
It's supposed to do everything good, but it has a dark side too.* Good
luck

cheers,

pete

Old 02-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Sambit Bikas Pal

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 18:27, Ivan Kiryazov <kiryazov.ivan@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that it has something to do with "RAID", but I cannot find this
> setting in the BIOS. Is it possible that I cannot switch to RAID? My
> computer is HP Compaq 8510w.

As far as I know, HP Compaq 8510w is a laptop with a single HDD, how
come it has RAID ??
Can you describe in a bit more detail, the installation procedure that
you had followed,
it will be helpful in sorting out the trouble.
Thanks.

--
Sambit Bikas Pal
MS 3rd Year