Old 02-05-2009, 11:09 AM
"reginadrazhi@libero.it"

Default inkscape: window doesn't maximize

Package: inkscape
Version: 0.46-2ubuntu2
Severity: important

When I try to
maximize the main window of inkscape it stays in the same
position and loses
decoration at the window sides (better explained by
the screenshot). The
system is up-to-date.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
APT
prefers intrepid-updates
APT policy: (500, 'intrepid-updates'), (500,
'intrepid-security'), (500, 'intrepid')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel:
Linux 2.6.27-11-generic (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=it_IT.UTF-8,
LC_CTYPE=it_IT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages inkscape depends on:
ii libatk1.0-0 1.24.0-
0ubuntu1 The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii libc6 2.8
~20080505-0ubuntu8 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii libcairo2 1.8.0-
0ubuntu1.1 The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii libcairomm-1.0- 1.6.4-
1 C++ wrappers for Cairo (shared lib
ii libfontconfig1 2.6.0-
1ubuntu4 generic font configuration library
ii libfreetype6 2.3.7-
2ubuntu1 FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii libgc1c2 1:6.8-
1.1 conservative garbage collector for
ii libgcc1 1:
4.3.2-1ubuntu12 GCC support library
ii libgconf2-4 2.24.0-
0ubuntu1 GNOME configuration database syste
ii libglib2.0-0 2.18.2-
0ubuntu2 The GLib library of C routines
ii libglibmm-2.4-1 2.18.1-
1 C++ wrapper for the GLib toolkit (
ii libgnomevfs2-0 1:
2.24.0-0ubuntu1 GNOME Virtual File System (runtime
ii libgnomevfs2-ex 1:
2.24.0-0ubuntu1 GNOME Virtual File System (extra m
ii libgtk2.0-0
2.14.4-0ubuntu1 The GTK+ graphical user interface
ii libgtkmm-2.4-1c
1:2.14.1-0ubuntu1 C++ wrappers for GTK+ 2.4 (shared
ii libgtkspell0
2.0.13-1 a spell-checking addon for GTK's T
ii liblcms1
1.16-10ubuntu0.1 Color management library
ii libmagick++10 7:6.3.7.9.
dfsg1-2ubuntu3 C++ API to the ImageMagick library
ii libmagick10 7:6.3.7.9.
dfsg1-2ubuntu3 image manipulation library
ii libpango1.0-0 1.22.2-
0ubuntu1 Layout and rendering of internatio
ii libpangomm-1.4- 2.14.0-
1 C++ Wrapper for pango (shared libr
ii libpng12-0 1.2.27-
1 PNG library - runtime
ii libpoppler-glib 0.8.7-1ubuntu0.
1 PDF rendering library (GLib-based
ii libpoppler3 0.8.7-1ubuntu0.
1 PDF rendering library
ii libpopt0 1.14-4
lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii libsigc++-2.0-0 2.0.18-2
type-safe Signal Framework for C++
ii libssl0.9.8 0.9.8g-10.1ubuntu2.1
SSL shared libraries
ii libstdc++6 4.3.2-1ubuntu12 The GNU
Standard C++ Library v3
ii libwpd8c2a 0.8.14-1 Library
for handling WordPerfect d
ii libwpg-0.1-1 0.1.2-1
WordPerfect graphics import/conver
ii libx11-6 2:1.1.5-2ubuntu1.1
X11 client-side library
ii libxft2 2.1.12-3ubuntu1 FreeType-
based font drawing librar
ii libxml2 2.6.32.dfsg-4ubuntu1.1 GNOME
XML library
ii libxslt1.1 1.1.24-1ubuntu2 XSLT processing
library - runtime
ii zlib1g 1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-12ubuntu1 compression
library - runtime

Versions of packages inkscape recommends:
ii
imagemagick 7:6.3.7.9.dfsg1-2ubuntu3 image manipulation programs
ii libwmf-
bin 0.2.8.4-6 Windows metafile conversion tools
ii
perlmagick 7:6.3.7.9.dfsg1-2ubuntu3 Perl interface to the libMagick gr
ii
python-lxml 2.1.1-1ubuntu1 pythonic binding for the libxml2 a
ii
python-numpy 1:1.1.1-1 Numerical Python adds a fast array
ii
python-uniconve 1.1.2-1 Universal vector graphics translat

--
no debconf information

Old 02-08-2009, 12:16 AM
Matthew Flaschen

reginadrazhi@libero.it wrote:
> Package: inkscape
> Version: 0.46-2ubuntu2
> Severity: important

This is not the right place to file Ubuntu bugs. Use Launchpad
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/)

Matt Flaschen

Old 02-08-2009, 02:50 AM
NoOp

On 02/07/2009 05:16 PM, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> reginadrazhi@libero.it wrote:
>> Package: inkscape
>> Version: 0.46-2ubuntu2
>> Severity: important
>
> This is not the right place to file Ubuntu bugs. Use Launchpad
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/)
>
> Matt Flaschen

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape
to be more specific.

@reginadrashi: Have a look through those bugs & see if you can find one
that is the same. If not, register (upper right corner) & then file a
new bug.

Works for me w/hardy. Perhaps a reinstall might help?

sudo apt-get install --reinstall inkscape

will keep your config settings. If that doesn't work then:

sudo apt-get purge inkscape
sudo apt-get install inkscape

will purge/completely remove all of your inkscape config files and
reinstall inkscape.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:04 AM
Paul Sladen

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, NoOp wrote:
> @reginadrashi: Have a look through those bugs & see if you can find one

I can confirm this issue, so I've opened a bug report:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/326760

-Paul
--
Why do one side of a triangle when you can do all three. Somewhere, GB.

Old 02-08-2009, 03:15 AM
NoOp

On 02/07/2009 08:04 PM, Paul Sladen wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, NoOp wrote:
>> @reginadrashi: Have a look through those bugs & see if you can find one
>
> I can confirm this issue, so I've opened a bug report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/326760
>
> -Paul

Are you also using Intrepid? If so, you might want to point that out on
the bug. I've no problems w/inkscape on all of my hardy machines.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:03 AM
Chris Mohler

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/2009 08:04 PM, Paul Sladen wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, NoOp wrote:
>>> @reginadrashi: Have a look through those bugs & see if you can find one
>>
>> I can confirm this issue, so I've opened a bug report:
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/326760
>>
>> -Paul
>
> Are you also using Intrepid? If so, you might want to point that out on
> the bug. I've no problems w/inkscape on all of my hardy machines.

Out of curiosity, which version of Inkscape is shipping with Hardy?
Intrepid provides 0.46, which has the same issue as the OP (added to
the bug). I remember 0.45 maximized OK - I used a *lot* more often a
few months ago (on the same system).

Chris

Old 02-08-2009, 04:10 AM
NoOp

On 02/07/2009 09:03 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 10:15 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can confirm this issue, so I've opened a bug report:
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/326760
>>>
>>> -Paul
>>
>> Are you also using Intrepid? If so, you might want to point that out on
>> the bug. I've no problems w/inkscape on all of my hardy machines.
>
> Out of curiosity, which version of Inkscape is shipping with Hardy?
> Intrepid provides 0.46, which has the same issue as the OP (added to
> the bug). I remember 0.45 maximized OK - I used a *lot* more often a
> few months ago (on the same system).
>
> Chris

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=inkscape

I am running 0.46 as well on Hardy and it maximizes without issue. I
just tested on 4 machines (all Hardy). I'll fire up the Intrepid test
machine to see if it makes any difference.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:33 AM
NoOp

On 02/07/2009 09:10 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 02/07/2009 09:03 PM, Chris Mohler wrote:

>>> Are you also using Intrepid? If so, you might want to point that out on
>>> the bug. I've no problems w/inkscape on all of my hardy machines.
>>
>> Out of curiosity, which version of Inkscape is shipping with Hardy?
>> Intrepid provides 0.46, which has the same issue as the OP (added to
>> the bug). I remember 0.45 maximized OK - I used a *lot* more often a
>> few months ago (on the same system).
>>
>> Chris
>>

> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=inkscape
>
> I am running 0.46 as well on Hardy and it maximizes without issue. I
> just tested on 4 machines (all Hardy). I'll fire up the Intrepid test
> machine to see if it makes any difference.

It appears to be an Intrepid issue. No problems with Hardy, but cannot
maximize with Intrepid.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Chris Mohler

On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 11:33 PM, NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/2009 09:10 PM, NoOp wrote:
>>
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=inkscape
>>
>> I am running 0.46 as well on Hardy and it maximizes without issue. I
>> just tested on 4 machines (all Hardy). I'll fire up the Intrepid test
>> machine to see if it makes any difference.
>>

> It appears to be an Intrepid issue. No problems with Hardy, but cannot
> maximize with Intrepid.

Hmm - turn on 'desktop effects' and it maximizes OK. metacity/Gnome bug?

Chris

Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 AM
NoOp

On 02/07/2009 09:33 PM, NoOp wrote:

>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=inkscape
>>
>> I am running 0.46 as well on Hardy and it maximizes without issue. I
>> just tested on 4 machines (all Hardy). I'll fire up the Intrepid test
>> machine to see if it makes any difference.
>>

> It appears to be an Intrepid issue. No problems with Hardy, but cannot
> maximize with Intrepid.

Maybe not. The 4 hardy machines were upgrades from Gutsy & none have
issues.

I just installed inkscape on a new hardy install and it can't maximize
either... Unless I resize the window to fit the screen, then
File|Inkscape Preferences|Windows|Remember and use last windows's
geometry. Then close & the window comes back up full size.

Who knows... maybe it's a 'feature'.