Old 02-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Knute Johnson

Default Changing IP address on static system?

I'm getting my new server up and running and I have it on a temporary
address. I think all I need to do to change it is to modify /etc/hosts
and /etc/networks/interfaces and restart. Anybody know if there is
anything else to change?

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule."

H.L. Mencken

Old 02-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Raquel

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:39:32 -0800
Knute Johnson <knute2009@www.knutejohnson.com> wrote:

> I'm getting my new server up and running and I have it on a
> temporary address. I think all I need to do to change it is to
> modify /etc/hosts and /etc/networks/interfaces and restart.
> Anybody know if there is anything else to change?
>
> Thanks,

I think that should pretty much do it. Then,

$ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com

Old 02-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Knute Johnson

Raquel wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:39:32 -0800
> Knute Johnson <knute2009@www.knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting my new server up and running and I have it on a
>> temporary address. I think all I need to do to change it is to
>> modify /etc/hosts and /etc/networks/interfaces and restart.
>> Anybody know if there is anything else to change?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> I think that should pretty much do it. Then,
>
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

Thanks Raquel.

Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Lorenzo Luengo

Raquel wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:39:32 -0800
> Knute Johnson <knute2009@www.knutejohnson.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm getting my new server up and running and I have it on a
>> temporary address. I think all I need to do to change it is to
>> modify /etc/hosts and /etc/networks/interfaces and restart.
>> Anybody know if there is anything else to change?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> I think that should pretty much do it. Then,
>
> $ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart

Agree... and if you got your temporary address using dhcp, remember
killing your dhcpcd process too.

--
Lorenzo Luengo Contreras
Administrador de Sistemas DGEO