Old 02-06-2009, 11:21 PM
Robert Holtzman

Default replacing firefox bookmarks

Running 8.10 and Firefox 3.05 with previously imported bookmarks from
8.04. Tried to import a revised bookmark.html file and it appended itself
to the existing bookmarks. Deleting the bookmark.html from
$HOME/,mozilla/firefox/vxuuxfit.default and /etc/firefox-3.0/profile and
places.sqlite did no good as places.sqlite gets rewritten when the
bookmark drop down menu is accessed. I tried deleting places.sqlite and
copying the file from my 8.04 backup without opening Firefox. Opening
the browser and accessing the bookmarks shows the old bookmarks.

A search turned up someone advising deleting places.sqlite, opening the
browser and importing the new file. Not sure how they're doing this as
the file gets rewritten before the new file can be imported.

I'm trying to replace the bookmarks, not append them.

Any pointers appreciated. Thanks.

--
Bob Holtzman
check the price of the beer"