Old 02-06-2009, 01:45 PM
jim murphy

Default installing ubuntu 8,10 from live cd

Flush with new found confidence i decided to go ahead on one of my laptops and
migrate... failed.

error message is:

"The ext3 file system creation in partition # 1 of SCSI5 (0,0,0) (sdb) failed"

i searched the forum and implemented their suggested solution ( insert update
something into a text file) still no good.

any clues ?

my
--

Ciao
Jim

Old 02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
"Karl F. Larsen"

jim murphy wrote:
> Flush with new found confidence i decided to go ahead on one of my laptops and
> migrate... failed.
>
> error message is:
>
> "The ext3 file system creation in partition # 1 of SCSI5 (0,0,0) (sdb) failed"
>
> i searched the forum and implemented their suggested solution ( insert update
> something into a text file) still no good.
>
> any clues ?
>
> my

Update is different from upload ONLY in the fact you do not format
the partition. You leave everything as it was but add the new system.
Just how you do that is tricky. As far as getting it started use the
"Manual" button and make sure it gets to the right partition and that it
doesn't format.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI