Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
Chris Mohler

Default Scanner server with 8.04

Anyone have experience getting around this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sane-backends/+bug/236956

I have a headless print/scan server running 8.04. Things were going
pretty smoothly until I hit this bug - basically, if I run saned as
root via xinetd, remote scanning works. If I run saned as the 'saned'
user, it gets no access to the device. I do not wish to run saned as
root

Any ideas? The man pages for PolicyKit are just sad...

I tried:
sudo polkit-auth --user saned --grant org.freedesktop.hal.device-access.scanner

But no joy...

Thanks,
Chris