Old 02-05-2009, 05:22 PM
Vincent Trouilliez

Default Dictionnary : always mega slow ?! :-(

Hi list,

A few days ago, I started using the Dictionnary that's in the
Application's menu.

I am having a problem: it is MEGA slow to respond !
I mean, when I type a word in the search box and press Enter, it takes
literally 30 seconds to come up with the word's definition !
Worse : during all that time, it doesn't show ANY sign indicating that
it's actually working/budy. The mouse cursor does' change for the "hour
glass" shape, or anything whatsoever. So at first, I used to think the
dictionnary simply crased or was buggy in some way, so I closed it long
before it managed to serve me the word's definition.

Is it just me or does every body witness a similar behaviour ?

It just makes the dictionnary unusable.. is there a way to install a
local copy of the dictionnary(ies), so that it can work off-line rather
than having to rely on the internet all the time ?

--
Vince