Old 02-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Ben Edwards

Default acidrip x264 problem

I have been trying to get acidrip to encode x264 with some lick.
There seems to be some options missing when acidrip generates its
command line so to get round this I have created a file called
~/.mplayer/mencoder.conf and put the following in it:-

x264encopts=subq=6artitions=all:8x8dct:me=umh:fr ameref=5:bframes=3:b_pyramid:weight_b:qp=20

Reeding up on x264 qp does not seem the best way to go, but if I put
pass=2:bitrate=1000 it does not work. How do I do 2 pass? I also cant
find how to use qp (if qt=1 better quality than qt=20 and what does it
mean).

Any ideas?

Ben