Old 02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Alain Muls

Default very slooooooow cups print dialog

Hi

Opening a print dialog is almost impossible for me. It takes several minutes
before a print dialog opens.

I only want to use cups as a client, or can I install something else than cups
to do printing (not preferred solution, but if needed, than OK)

bye/Alain

Old 02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Nils Kassube

Alain Muls wrote:
> Opening a print dialog is almost impossible for me. It takes several
> minutes before a print dialog opens.
>
> I only want to use cups as a client, or can I install something else
> than cups to do printing (not preferred solution, but if needed, than
> OK)

Could this be related to your problem with nfs links in your home
directory? If so, I would suggest you remove these nfs links and try
again. Or you could move these nfs links to a subdirectory if you
absolutely need them.

Nils