Old 12-28-2007, 01:27 PM

Default what is this list?

Is this list available in the newsgroups? Or is it an email distro as
with yahoo groups?

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader
copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Jhair Tocancipa Triana

> Is this list available in the newsgroups? Or is it an email distro as
> with yahoo groups?

This is a mailing list which is also available as newsgroup in gmane:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user

> The information contained in this message and any attachment may be
> proprietary, confidential, and privileged or subject to the work
> product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader
> of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
> If you have received this communication in error, please notify me
> immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all
> copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

I doubt you need to add this to your post to this list

--
--Jhair

Old 12-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Derek Broughton

Michael.Coll-Barth@VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> Is this list available in the newsgroups? Or is it an email distro as
> with yahoo groups?

It's strictly an email list, but it is available via nntp from
news.gmane.org (how I read it)
--
derek

Old 12-28-2007, 03:26 PM

<snip>

> > immediately by replying to this message and deleting it and all
> > copies and backups thereof. Thank you.
>
> I doubt you need to add this to your post to this list

Thanks Jhair and Derek!

My apologies to the group for that legal stuff at the end of my emails.
I do not put it there, my employer puts it there after I hit the send
button. I see that more and more of us have to suffer that
embarassment.

Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Derek Broughton

Michael.Coll-Barth@VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> My apologies to the group for that legal stuff at the end of my emails.
> I do not put it there, my employer puts it there after I hit the send
> button. I see that more and more of us have to suffer that
> embarassment.

A good reason for having your own email and routing through your own service
provider (I go through gmail's smtp), but I understand the hoops that can
be involved, so I don't usually complain about it (though I did one day
last week when somebody with a .org address had that nasty quasi-legal
boilerplate - that just doesn't make sense).
--
derek

Old 12-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Rick Barry

--- Michael.Coll-Barth@VerizonWireless.com wrote:

> My apologies to the group for that legal stuff at
> the end of my emails.
> I do not put it there, my employer puts it there
> after I hit the send
> button. I see that more and more of us have to
> suffer that
> embarassment.

Might consider a gmail or yahoo account for such
lists. I know my employer would be a bit tweaked if
all the list email I got came through their server.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:34 PM

> From: Rick Barry
> --- Michael.Coll-Barth wrote:
> > My apologies to the group for that legal stuff at
> > the end of my emails.
> >
> I know my employer would be a bit tweaked if
> all the list email I got came through their server.

Actually, they are fine with list email. They see the value. (
::cough:: ) They do not want me accessing external email or a news
server from the office. They see it as a volume vs. security issue and
go with security. Then again, if I start getting GBs of email, I might
get a knock...

Old 12-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Darren Mansell

Old 12-29-2007, 02:02 PM
Rick Barry

--- Darren Mansell <darren@vcoc.co.uk> wrote:

> Rick Barry wrote:
> > --- Michael.Coll-Barth@VerizonWireless.com wrote:
> >

> >> My apologies to the group for that legal stuff at
> >> the end of my emails.
> >> I do not put it there, my employer puts it there
> >> after I hit the send
> >> button. I see that more and more of us have to
> >> suffer that
> >> embarassment.
> >>

> > Might consider a gmail or yahoo account for such
> > lists. I know my employer would be a bit tweaked
> if
> > all the list email I got came through their
> server.
> >

> Why? Do they use an Exchange server?

I don't know what they use, more a matter of using
work email for work and a few of the lists I'm on,
including this one, are not work related. this morning
when I signed in, there was just shy of 500 messages
from the various lists. Not sure I'd get much work done!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:07 PM
debian

On Sat, 2007-12-29 at 07:02 -0800, Rick Barry wrote:
> --- Darren Mansell <darren@vcoc.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>
> > Why? Do they use an Exchange server?
> >
> I don't know what they use, more a matter of using
> work email for work and a few of the lists I'm on,
> including this one, are not work related. this morning
> when I signed in, there was just shy of 500 messages
> from the various lists. Not sure I'd get much work done!

</snip>
if your company is using an exchange server, i definately recommend
switching to something like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. Exchange is exploitable
and its microsoft.

if you dont want your boss to notice, i would recommend connecting to a
proxy to view your email (this _WILL_ not work though if your company
blocks proxies )

If you dont feel like getting fired though, dont do any of the above :P

--cj