Old 02-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Nils Kassube

Default Wi Fi not found by default problem though i m now installed intrepid

Nay Myo Win wrote:
> here is out put.!!!
>
> *root@naymyowin-laptop:~# sudo lshw -C network*
> * *-network *
> * product: RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet
> controller*

> * *-network DISABLED*
> * physical id: 1*
> * logical name: pan0*
> * serial: 22:d8:36:86:cd:e3*
> * capabilities: ethernet physical*
> * configuration: broadcast=yes driver=bridge driverversion=2.3
> firmware=N/A link=yes multicast=yes*

OK, so the WLAN hardware isn't really known to the system. Sorry, I didn't
think about that possibility. So please send the output of these commands

lspci
lsusb

in a terminal. Hopefully that will tell us which WLAN chipset it is in
your machine.

Nils