Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Justin

Default no wireless after resume on Ubuntu minimal

I installed XBMC on Intrepid minimal using this guide.

I finally have most of the kinks worked out, except one. I have no network after resume from RAM.

I can drop to the command line and issue "sudo
/etc/init.d/networking restart" after it resumes and get networking
back. This is obviously an unacceptable solution for an htpc, so I put a script containing "/etc/init.d/networking restart"
in /etc/acpi/resume.d, which doesn't work for some reason.

I tried adding unloading and loading of the wireless module
to the script - no dice. I tested and the stop/start scripts work
perfectly if I run them manually. Surely this isn't a permissions
problem?

Ideas? Suggestions? My wireless card is a ralink 2760 using the rt2860 module compiled from source.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:04 AM
Leonard Chatagnier

> I installed XBMC on Intrepid minimal using
> this<http://xbmc.org/wiki/?title=HOW-TO:_Install_XBMC_for_Linux_on_Ubuntu_8.10_%28Intre pid%29_step-by-step>guide.
>
> I finally have most of the kinks worked out, except one. I
> have no network
> after resume from RAM.
>
> I can drop to the command line and issue "sudo
> /etc/init.d/networking
> restart" after it resumes and get networking back.
> This is obviously an
> unacceptable solution for an htpc, so I put a script
> containing
> "/etc/init.d/networking restart" in
> /etc/acpi/resume.d, which doesn't work
> for some reason.
>
> I tried adding unloading and loading of the wireless module
> to the script -
> no dice. I tested and the stop/start scripts work perfectly
> if I run them
> manually. Surely this isn't a permissions problem?
>
> Ideas? Suggestions? My wireless card is a ralink 2760 using
> the rt2860
> module compiled from source.

I had the same problem on a ralink chip set on an earlier version of Ubuntu that has been fixed on the latest versions, Hardy and Intrepid. What worked for me upon advice from the list was to put in /etc/rc.local the following:

ifdown wlan0
ifup wlan0

Don't need sudo as rc.local is run as root.
HTH.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net