Old 02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
jerry

Default How to save network settings.

Every time I boot I have to re-enter the ESSID and password for my
router. How can I save them and not have to re-enter them after reboot?

Thank for any help
Jerry

Old 02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Smoot Carl-Mitchell

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:08 -0800, jerry wrote:
> Every time I boot I have to re-enter the ESSID and password for my
> router. How can I save them and not have to re-enter them after reboot?

Are you using Network Manager?
--
Smoot Carl-Mitchell
Computer Systems and

Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
jerry

Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:08 -0800, jerry wrote:
>
>> Every time I boot I have to re-enter the ESSID and password for my
>> router. How can I save them and not have to re-enter them after reboot?
>>

> Are you using Network Manager?

No
But now that you mentioned it I installed knetworkmanager (I am using
kubuntu) and kwallet and now it keeps all the input and wireless starts
on reboot.
Thanks a lot.
Jerry

Old 02-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Timothy-Allen Albertson

On 2/4/09, jerry <jerryturba@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Smoot Carl-Mitchell wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 11:08 -0800, jerry wrote:
>>
>>> Every time I boot I have to re-enter the ESSID and password for my
>>> router. How can I save them and not have to re-enter them after reboot?
>>>

>> Are you using Network Manager?
>>
> No
> But now that you mentioned it I installed knetworkmanager (I am using
> kubuntu) and kwallet and now it keeps all the input and wireless starts
> on reboot.
> Thanks a lot.
> Jerry

Timothy-Allen Albertson
Registered Linux User #482284
Registered Ubuntu User #25839
Amateur Radio Station KG6IRH/0-
Technician Class License Since 2001
EcholinkNodeNo.48255
Latitude: 41.254887 (41 15' 17' N)
Longitude: -95.852753 (95 51' 9' W)
Grid Square: EN21bg
12 ...In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our
peace, our wives, and our children... Book of Mormon--Alma 46:12