Old 02-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Mark Pyles

Default Problem with Lightning in Thunderbird 2.0.0.19

Hi everyone:

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I have
lightning installed in Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 and have a problem when I go
to click on the calendar and click on the Day, week, multiweek or month
buttons and nothing changes. My view remains the same. It shows me each
appointment time from 12am to 12pm, but that is the only view I can see.
Nothing else works when I click on it, not buttons, not anything. I
tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightning but that didn't help
either. So I am at a loss and wondered if anyone else has had this
problem? Thanks.

Mark

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM
NoOp

On 02/03/2009 05:16 PM, Mark Pyles wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I have
> lightning installed in Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 and have a problem when I go
> to click on the calendar and click on the Day, week, multiweek or month
> buttons and nothing changes. My view remains the same. It shows me each
> appointment time from 12am to 12pm, but that is the only view I can see.
> Nothing else works when I click on it, not buttons, not anything. I
> tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightning but that didn't help
> either. So I am at a loss and wondered if anyone else has had this
> problem? Thanks.
>
> Mark

I have (on Hardy) TB 2.0.0.19 and Lightning 0.9 installed & no issues.
What version of Lightning do you have installed?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Han Pilmeyer

I am using Ubuntu 8.04 (gnome desktop) on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I have
lightning installed in Thunderbird 2.0.0.19 and have a problem when I go
to click on the calendar and click on the Day, week, multiweek or month
buttons and nothing changes. My view remains the same. It shows me each
appointment time from 12am to 12pm, but that is the only view I can see.
Nothing else works when I click on it, not buttons, not anything. I
tried uninstalling and reinstalling lightning but that didn't help
either. So I am at a loss and wondered if anyone else has had this
problem? Thanks.

Have you made sure that you had libstdc++5 installed before you installed Lightning?

Have you installed Lightning as an Ubuntu package or as a Thunderbird extension?

I could never get the Ubuntu version to work so far.

--

Han Pilmeyer

pilux_at_pilmeyer_dot_nl