Old 02-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Default Upgraded from 8.04 to 8.10... No shutdown button?

What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel? It's been
neutered! Who would be so mean?

Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap. Somebody
spill coffee on an old wooden table?

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 02-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:09:02 -0500
Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel?
> It's been neutered! Who would be so mean?
>
> Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap.
> Somebody spill coffee on an old wooden table?

and that's compared to Hardy's wallpaper? LOL
I use Xubuntu, we still seem to have something ...

-
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:09:02 -0500
> Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel?
>> It's been neutered! Who would be so mean?
>>
>> Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap.
>> Somebody spill coffee on an old wooden table?
>>

> and that's compared to Hardy's wallpaper? LOL
> I use Xubuntu, we still seem to have something ...

At least that looked kinda like a Heron...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 02-03-2009, 09:39 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel? It's been
> neutered! Who would be so mean?
>
> Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap. Somebody
> spill coffee on an old wooden table?

Found & installed wmshutdown... kinda annoying that I had to do it that
way....

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

"From there to here,
From here to there,
Funny things
are everywhere."
--- Dr. Seuss

Old 02-04-2009, 02:35 AM
"Cybe R. Wizard"

Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> said:
> On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:09:02 -0500
> Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel?
> > It's been neutered! Who would be so mean?
> >
> > Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap.
> > Somebody spill coffee on an old wooden table?
> >

> and that's compared to Hardy's wallpaper? LOL
> I use Xubuntu, we still seem to have something ...

Bite your tongue! The heron is beauootiful!!

(because I bought the limited ed. shirt)

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Nice computers don't go down.
Larry Niven, Steven Barnes

Old 02-04-2009, 02:48 AM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:35:02 -0600
"Cybe R. Wizard" <cybe_r_wizard@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> said:
> > On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:09:02 -0500
> > Dave Woyciesjes <woyciesjes@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > > What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the
> > > panel? It's been neutered! Who would be so mean?
> > >
> > > Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap.
> > > Somebody spill coffee on an old wooden table?
> > >

> > and that's compared to Hardy's wallpaper? LOL
> > I use Xubuntu, we still seem to have something ...
> >
> Bite your tongue! The heron is beauootiful!!
>
> (because I bought the limited ed. shirt)
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

Wel-l-l-l, at least it is distinctive. Nobody would mistake it for a
different OS!

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
PleegWat

Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
> What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel? It's been
> neutered! Who would be so mean?
>
> Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap. Somebody
> spill coffee on an old wooden table?

Right-click the panel and pick 'add to panel'. There are separate 'Log
out' and 'Shut down' buttons.

PleegWat

Old 02-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Dave Woyciesjes

PleegWat wrote:
> Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> What happened to the shutdown button that goes in the panel? It's been
>> neutered! Who would be so mean?
>>
>> Oh, and the default desktop wallpaper does look like crap. Somebody
>> spill coffee on an old wooden table?
>
> Right-click the panel and pick 'add to panel'. There are separate 'Log
> out' and 'Shut down' buttons.
>
> PleegWat

Thanks. Either I missed it the first few times I looked, or the
Shutdown was put in the panels options when I added wmshtudown from
Synatpic...

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818