Old 02-03-2009, 12:48 AM
don fisher

Default kernel compile

I was trying to build a new kernel under 8.10 so that I would have the
.o modules to link to. I was able to build everything (commands below)
except the vmcoreinfo file. How is this made, and who uses it? I did not
see in in any documentation or the O'Rilly linux device drivers book.

sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-$(uname -r)
sudo apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r)
make xconfig
make dep
make
make install
make modules_install
mkinitramfs -o /boot/initrd.img-2.6.27.10 /lib/modules/2.6.27.10

Thanks
don