Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Wade Smart

Default software to collect date about this system

20090202 1642 GMT-5

There is a piece of software call Belarc that I used for Windows. It
gives a range of information.

I think (I dont remember as its been a long time) it also gave
information about the cpu, the bios, ram (type and amount) etc. Is there
something like that for Ubuntu?

wade
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005

Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 PM
NoOp

On 02/02/2009 02:46 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
> 20090202 1642 GMT-5
>
> There is a piece of software call Belarc that I used for Windows. It
> gives a range of information.
>
> I think (I dont remember as its been a long time) it also gave
> information about the cpu, the bios, ram (type and amount) etc. Is there
> something like that for Ubuntu?
>
> wade

sudo lshw > myhardware.txt

Then open the myhardware.txt file with whatever editor you wish (gedit,
etc) or just

cat myhardware.txt

Note: you can chane myhardware.txt to whatever file name you prefer; I
use the machine name and date, so that I can keep records easily.