Old 02-02-2009, 08:51 PM
NoOp

Default Open Source training videos for Ubuntu Certified Professional

On 02/02/2009 12:30 PM, Sven wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I friend from school gave me links to an Open Source eLearning project
>
> <http://rapidshare.com/files/178269527/VTC.Ubuntu.Certification-WwW.PalDDL.Com.part1.rar>
> <http://rapidshare.com/files/178268573/VTC.Ubuntu.Certification-WwW.PalDDL.Com.part2.rar>
>
> Those videos help me very much in preparation for the UCP exam. I wish
> to donate 10$ for the project. But I don't find their SourceForge site
> or more info about them.
>
> I highly recommend this stuff to all Ubuntu users.
>
> anyone know more?
>
> kind regards
> Sven

Hmmm... The free bits of the course are here:
http://www.vtc.com/products/Ubuntu-Certification-Tutorials.htm
Full course on CD is
Also Available in CD format
Single User: US$ 99.95

I reckon that VTC will gladly accept a $99.95 donation :-)

Old 02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Johann Spies

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 09:30:31PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I friend from school gave me links to an Open Source eLearning project
>
> <http://rapidshare.com/files/178269527/VTC.Ubuntu.Certification-WwW.PalDDL.Com.part1.rar>
> <http://rapidshare.com/files/178268573/VTC.Ubuntu.Certification-WwW.PalDDL.Com.part2.rar>
>
> Those videos help me very much in preparation for the UCP exam. I wish

I have downloaded and unpacked them and now I have
-rw-r--r-- 1 js js 2070 2008-12-29 01:13 Readme.nfo
-rw-r--r-- 1 js js 75 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.cue
-rw-r--r-- 1 js js 418206768 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.bin

So what do I do with it. Both vlc and mplayer don't know what to do
with it. You said it is a video. What do you play it with?

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel
before the LORD our maker." Psalms 95:6

Old 02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Avi Greenbury

Johann Spies wrote:
> I have downloaded and unpacked them and now I have
> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 2070 2008-12-29 01:13 Readme.nfo
> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 75 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.cue
> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 418206768 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.bin
>
> So what do I do with it. Both vlc and mplayer don't know what to do
> with it. You said it is a video. What do you play it with?

cue and bin files are CD image files, or components thereof. Google is
generally quite helpful here.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk

Old 02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Bob Rook

> Johann Spies wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded and unpacked them and now I have
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 2070 2008-12-29 01:13 Readme.nfo
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 75 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.cue
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 418206768 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.bin
>>
>> So what do I do with it. Both vlc and mplayer don't know what to do
>> with it. You said it is a video. What do you play it with?
>>

> cue and bin files are CD image files, or components thereof. Google is
> generally quite helpful here.
>
> --
> Judging by the size of the bin file it is a DVD image. It can be burned to a DVD using K3B or any of the other DVD apps in Ubuntu.

Bob

Old 02-03-2009, 01:44 PM
mark abraham

Try this.
download this software called bchunk. ( it converts bin/cue files to iso images)
open terminal and type the following:

bchunk <name of bin file> <name of cue file> <name you want to give
the iso image>

Then u have an iso image of the cue and bin files which you can burn
on a cd or even open with any file archiver

HTH,
Moncy

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Bob Rook <bobkd4dii@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>> Johann Spies wrote:
>>
>>> I have downloaded and unpacked them and now I have
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 2070 2008-12-29 01:13 Readme.nfo
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 75 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.cue
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 js js 418206768 2008-12-29 16:53 i-vubcert.bin
>>>
>>> So what do I do with it. Both vlc and mplayer don't know what to do
>>> with it. You said it is a video. What do you play it with?
>>>

>> cue and bin files are CD image files, or components thereof. Google is
>> generally quite helpful here.
>>
>> --
>> Judging by the size of the bin file it is a DVD image. It can be burned to a DVD using K3B or any of the other DVD apps in Ubuntu.
>>

> Bob

Truth Liberates.

Abraham Moncy Eapen,
B.E (E & C),SCJP 1.4,SCWCD 5
WAVEAXIS Technologies.
(www.waveaxis.com)

Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Johann Spies

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 01:25:21PM +0000, Avi Greenbury wrote:
> Johann Spies wrote:
>
> cue and bin files are CD image files, or components thereof. Google is
> generally quite helpful here.

Thanks. I don't use Windows and according to Google the cue/bin files
was made popular by the CDRWin software. I have never heard of CDRWin
before.

There are also other .bin files that are not iso-images
e.g. googleearth.bin

It is a bit strange to me that Ubuntu training CD's are published in a
format that is strange to Linux.

Anyhow, now I know what to do with those files.

Thanks again.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies Telefoon: 021-808 4036

"That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of
things in heaven, and things in earth, and things
under the earth; And that every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the
Father." Philippians 2:10,11